Sunshine offers services to meet the unique needs of children/adults with autism
1) Early Intervention Programmes – these are carried out in small groups and also on one-to-one basis. The methodology followed is research based and incorporates the best practices in the field. The curriculum we use is adapted from the TEACCH pre-school curriculum, Early Start Denver Model and the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills.
2) Mother-child Programme – this 2 week programme involves assessing the child for his developmental level and learning style and making a comprehensive individual education programme. The mother is then trained to carry out the programme with teaching tips to suit the child’s individual needs.
3) Comprehensive Assessments – Assessments to determine the child’s functioning levels are available. This includes IQ, educational, developmental and behavioural assessments.
4) Specialized Cognitive Intervention Programmes – A specialty of Sunshine, we offer several intervention models based on the cognitive theories of autism – theory of mind, executive dysfunction and weak central coherence. These intervention progammes are offered in three modes – parent training, one-to-one and as small group sessions.
5) Services for Adolescents & Adults with Autism – we offer assessment and parental guidance for adolescents and adults with autism
6) Speech and Language Evaluation & Therapy – A Speech & Language Pathologist is available for evaluation and therapy.
7) Occupational Therapy Services – An Occupational Therapist is available for evaluation and therapy.
8) Workshops & Training Programmes – We offer many training programmes for both parents and professionals. See details on past workshops on workshops page (link). Mail us for a detailed curriculum and training schedules – firstname.lastname@example.org